Ekurhuleni West TVET College Students Graduate
30 and 31 May 2019
More than 1300 graduates were conferred at Ekurhuleni West TVET College's 15th Graduation Ceremony,
held on the 30th and 31st of May, 2018, at the Transnet School of Excellence Hall in Kempton Park. Graduates included
students from all six campuses of the college, graduating in both National Certificate (Vocational) and National N
In his welcoming address, the Chairperson of the College Council aired his concerns regarding the brutal killings
that are happening in our communities. He said that it has to stop, and we are the ones that should be in
the forefront of making sure that this scourge is eradicated. He furthermore stated that as an educational
institution, we should begin by introducing extracurricular activities that assist in reviving the depleted moral
fibre. He challenged everyone present to be part of those who are contributing to making this
world a better place to live in.
During his motivational talk, well-known television actor and businessman, Cornet Mamabolo, "T Bose" from
Skeem Saam, encouraged the graduates to go back to their communities and find solutions to the challenges their
communities face on a daily basis. He urged them to offer their services, and share the skills and knowledge
they have acquired while at the college with their fellow citizens. He also urged the graduates to start
advocating for TVET colleges. "You need to go out there and encourage people to start enrolling at TVET
colleges; universities are not the only higher learning institutions that offer high quality education,"
On the other hand, radio personality and businessman, Given Mkhari, encouraged graduates to invest time in
what they love, and in what they are good at. "The biggest investment you can make is to invest in yourself.
Invest in sponsoring confidence in yourself by knowing that you are the best at what you do," he said. He
encouraged the audience "...to work hard, to be disciplined, to be patient and to be kind to each other
as we are spiritual beings."
When rendering a vote of thanks, Ms Ntombizodwa Dangazele, Acting Principal said, "Today I see so many
lights that are going to light up the world and shine in the darkness, and the darkness will not overcome it.
The light I am talking about is our special guests, our graduates, who today are getting the results of
their toil and selfless sacrifice, total dedication and investment in a better future not only for themselves,
but South Africa as a whole."
"May the torch you are holding never cease to light or decide to hide from those that are in the dark,
looking for the light to shine upon them. I wish that you may not lose your saltiness so that you may continue to
season and bring more flavour to the lives of those that are marginalised. Use your education to bring change to
the world," said Ms Dangazele.
Then it was time for the internationally acclaimed Afro Tenors to entertain the audience with their wonderful
The top achievers were rewarded with special awards at both ceremonies, presented by various sponsors at the
ceremonies. Some parents got to ascend to the stage, ululating and celebrating their top-achieving children.
Awards ranged from technological gadgets to monetary prizes from the following sponsors: ABSA, Excel Tool Group,
Africa Tool, Dippenaar & Reinecke, Future Managers, Pearson Publishing (SA), Khandama Construction Company
and VMR Architects.
Below is a list of Top achievers in alphabetical order:
National Certificate (Vocational) - NC (V)
- Education and Development - Dibetle Naledi
- Finance, Economics and Accounting - Sibuyi Benjamin
- Hospitality - Padayachee Enrico
- Management - Mokhothu Nokuphela Thembinkosi
- Education & Development - Ngwena Happiness
- Marketing - Fourie Nikita Abegaile
- Office Administration - Mbula Seipati Lerato
- Tourism - Nondolo Babongile
- Transport & Logistics - Banda Nomthandazo Charmaine
- Civil Engineering & Building Construction - Ntshalintshali Nelisiwe Gugu
- Electrical Infrastructure & Construction - Skolo Sabelo
- Engineering & Related Design - Seleka Raisibe Koloteleni
- Engineering & Related Design - Tau Moleboheng Portia
- Information Technology & Computer Science - Mnisi Willington Shibusana
- Mechatronics - Sethosa Madimetja Albert
Report 191 (Nated)
- Business Management - Ngobeni Deborah Tshehledi
- Financial Management - Dube Xolisile Samantha
- Human Resources Management - Makgadi Azwitamisi
- Management Assistant - Basil Pamela Precious
- Electrical Engineering - Mohlamonyane Alex Pitsi
- Mechanical Engineering - Masina Melusi Innocent
Click on the thumbnails to open the gallery.